How Does It Work?
Utilizing special components from your own blood (PRP) which stimulates tissue growth and neovascularization we are literally able to regenerate your penis to a more youthful state. Where injury has occurred, the tissues become normalized more or normalized. The regenerative and regenerative processes start from the moment the procedure is starts and continues for up to four (4) months.
What Can I Expect From the Procedure?
PRP acts to do many things, such as, but not limited to:
- As blood flow improves through regeneration of the vascular system of the penis, firmer erections are realized,
with greater stamina;
- With improved blood flow, the ability to maintain an erection also improves,
- Greater blood flow creates an environment that not only brings new nutrients to nerves, but enhances the environment they reside in.
- As tissues generate, regenerate and rejuvenate most individuals experience an enlarging of the penis even with a single treatment. Recent informal studies out of India and Belgium evaluating more than 2,000 individuals indicate up to a 25% increase in size on average for both length and girth were obtained over a 5 month period of 1 P-Shot per month.
What Is PRP?
PRP is derived from the plasma contained in your own blood. The plasma contained in your blood is comprised of among other things, platelets, growth factors and other beneficial factors specialized for healing.
If you have ever experienced a rug burn where the wound does not blead, but a yellow substance forms and the clots to form a light-colored scab, the yellow material is plasma. We simply concentrate that material to naturally rejuvenate and heal.
Are All PRP’s The Same?
No. There are many methods to derive PRP. The goal is to obtain the highest density of platelets in the PRP, essentially create a HD-PRP. Most physicians utilize kits to aid in the process of creating PRP from your blood.
There can be wide variances in the capabilities of kits and methods. Our system provides for the highest density of PRP yet obtainable. We continuously keep abreast of the market to assure we have the latest equipment and training that enables us to provide optimized HD-PRP. Our HD-PRP is 7+ times (7X) that of the plasma it is derived from. Most gel tube systems only provide for up to 2X PRP
Age can play a significant role in the regenerative ability of PRP, even the HD-PRP we utilize. As we age our regenerative ability declines. Persons 55 years of age and older should consider augmenting their PRP with a natural biologic. Persons 65 years of age and older are strongly encouraged to fortify their PRP with a natural biologic. When indicated, the P+Shot provides the fortification of PRP which significantly enhances outcomes.
Is the Procedure Painful?
No. Both topical and injected numbing medication are employed throughout the procedure. This provides for a painless procedure.
How Is the Procedure Performed?
- A numbing cream is applied to the base of the penis.
- Blood is drawn from the arm (just like when you have a blood test done). 50 mL is drawn. 50 mL is equal to about 1/9th of the average blood donation.
- The blood is placed into a centrifuge located in the same room as your procedure.
- This process separates the whole blood from the plasma.
- It is the plasma that contains the platelets and beneficial growth factors we seek.
- This plasma is called Platelet Poor Plasma (PPP)
- The plasma we seek to create is called High Density Platelet Rich Plasma (HD-PRP)
- The plasma containing the platelets is transferred into another tube for a second spin to concentrate the beneficial platelets and growth factors into the bottom portion of the tube.
- Post second spin, the plasma from the top portion of the tube which is then largely void of platelets is drawn off.
- The remaining plasma which is now HD-PRP is drawn off into a syringe.
- A few drops of calcium chloride solution is added to the HD-PRP to trick the platelets into thinking that they are in the body and the body has been injured.
- The platelets release growth factors into the HD-PRP in the tube.
- Where the numbing cream was applied at the base of the penis, the physician will painlessly inject lidocaine into the penis. This will numb the entire penis within a couple minutes. Your penis will then be prepared for the painless injection of PRP (the P-Shot)
- PRP is transferred into one or more syringes and injected by you physician into the penis using a tiny needle. http://www.mygentlemed.com/wellness/priapusshot-pshot/Through a special methodology, the injections are performed in a way that distributes the now concentrated high density of activated platelets and growth factors into the proper areas.
Will I Still Need Medications Such As Viagra or Cialis?
Possibly. If medications such as Viagra work for you, they will work better after the P-Shot.
What Other Treatments Complement the P-Shot
While the P-Shot does a wonderful job on it’s own, complementing the P-Shot with other treatments often speeds the process, provides additional enhancement and overall greater benefit. A few of these treatment include:
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- The GAINSwave Procedure
- Supplements that increase stem cell activity and energy to them.
How Do I Know What Is best For ME?
Our physicians are more than happy to provide you their best assessment of your problems and issues and provide you their best recommendations for your needs and treatment plan. Consults are complementary and zero pressure.
More Coming Soon. Please Check Back……….